Welcome to the Strategic Export Controls: Reports and Statistics website from DIT's Export Control Organisation (ECO). This website contains data on export licensing decisions which has historically been published as read only in the quarterly and annual reports. You can still look at/download the data in report format by quarter or annum (available at https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/strategic-export-controls-licensing-data), but now you can also choose your own criteria (subject to certain limitations) to create a bespoke report giving you just the information you require.
To help you get started, a basic guide to using this website can be found on the Help screen.
As part of its commitment to transparency in Export Controls, the Government has published Annual Reports on export licensing decisions since 1997. From 2004, the Government also published Quarterly Reports to further enhance transparency. Since 2005 these reports have also included decisions on Trade Control licences, and since 2006, information on licences issued under the torture regulation - EC Regulation 1236/2005 until 20 January 2019, when it was repealed and replaced by the codifying Regulation (EU)2019/125 (on trade in certain goods which could be used for capital punishment, torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment). More information on the regulation is available at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/controls-on-torture-goods
However, the Government recognises that published reports do not always meet the needs of the reader. This website has been developed to allow users to create reports based on their own criteria, e.g., specific types of exports to certain destinations, over any period of time (but subject to a minimum period of 30 days).
If you wish to use the additional features available on the website, you need to create an account by clicking the 'Register' link. You do not need to register to view or download the published reports.
If you have any queries, please send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the information on this website is as accurate as possible but there may be discrepancies between the bespoke reports available to download here and those historically found on the GOV.UK website. There may be several reasons for this:
- There may have been data amendments since the 2008 quarterly reports were originally published.
- There will be instances where an automated production of a report such as those provided on this website is more accurate and also follows set rules (for example when defining mil goods and other goods).
- The totals displayed for each country should be the same but the way the values are calculated for goods types is different so you should expect anomalies in this part of the data.
- Case summaries are now ordered alphabetically in all instances so this may also alter the reports that you are looking at.
- Processing times are given for SIELs and SITCLs combined, whereas previous reports were for SIELs only. Similarly data for OIELs and OITCLs combined is also given.
Please visit the Help section for the 'Accessibility Statement' relating to this website.
Fair Processing Notice